The information that we collect about you
This is information about you that you give to us by:
- making use of our website and the options on our website (e.g. in the event you would sign a petition or make donation)
- subscribing to the receipt of updates by email
- contacting us for information or help
- by becoming a donor via other ways than the internet, or
- participating in Ocean. Now! campaigns
It may include, for example, your name, email address and telephone number
We may use your information for the following purpose:
- To make your actions known on our website and to third parties. For example, your name may appear together with your comments on our website. To inspire others to take action, we may also show your name and a summary of what you have just done on our website, for instance, if you sign a petition or make a donation. If you petition someone using our website – for example a government official or company CEO – then we may send your name and email address with your message to them.
- to send you updates and alerts by email, mail, instant messaging, push notifications or telephone.
You may have a right of access to the personal information that we hold about you, and to some related information, under data protection law.
- You can also require any inaccurate personal information to be corrected or deleted.
- You can object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal information (and require them to be deleted) in some other circumstances.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set out below. We are obliged to request proof of identity before access to your personal information is given.
If you would like us to remove your information from our mailing list, you can click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email we sent to you or contact us as set out below.
We welcome questions at any time. Please email us at email@example.com.